Welcome to franska.nu – Lingua Training’s French portal!
Franska.nu (which in Swedish means "French right away!") is a large online database of French grammar and vocabulary exercises. On this page you can:
Franska.nu is a web database containing over 300 interactive exercises in French grammar and vocabulary for all from beginners to the most advanced learners of French. The exercise database was developed by Lingua Training, a Swedish e-learning company, in cooperation with teachers from one of the best French schools in Sweden - Franska skolan in Stockholm, who have an extensive experience of teaching French to students of all ages, and are authors of numerous textbooks and exercise collections.
Franska.nu is a perfect complement to both in-class and self-studies. All exercises have an individual ID-number by which they can be found via the search-ID window. The exercise ID makes it easy for teachers to assign exercises to their students.
Alternatively, one can use the detailed table of contents e.g. before taking a test or exam, to spend some time on the topics concerned.
The exercises can be performed both at school and at home any time day or night. The exercises are corrected automatically as soon as the check-button is pushed (usually you see the mistakes, percentage of the correct answers and the correct answers where you failed to give them).
As a complement and variation to in-class language learning, the exercises may be used as homework, an alternative in-class activity, for revision purposes or for individual assignments to those students who missed a lesson or are in need of additional training on a topic.
According to the Swedish teachers who incorporated Franska.nu in their study plan, learning French has become more of a fun activity while the students have shown better results in their grammar tests.
Advantages and potential
- Easy to access: The exercises may be performed on any Internet connected PC with Internet Explorer as browser. You can log in from home, work, the library, or the schools computer room.
- User-friendly: if you are familiar with surfing on the Internet, you will have no problem using the franska.nu database. The portal, the exercises, the table of contents – all function as classical webpages, and does not require installing or learning any program in order to start using franska.nu! Try our demo, and see for yourself!
- Interactive: as soon you are done with an exercise, you get the results of your work. You’ll always see your answers, your mistakes and the corrected answers at the same time; you’ll also get the percentage of correct answers so you can keep track of your progress.
- Complete: nearly all the French grammar topics are reflected in the exercise collection, from the simplest plural of nouns to rather complex passive voice or passé simple. There are over 10 different types of exercises – from the most common sentences with gaps, to crosswords and even translation exercises. Subscribe to our news and you’ll be the first to get all the updates to your e-mail!
Franska.nu is particularly recommended for teenage and adult learners of French as a foreign language, both beginners and advanced levels.
The 300 exercises are organised under the following major topics:
We frequently add new exercises in continuous dialogue with teachers and students who are already using the database. We intend to reach the number of 400 exercises by the end of 2003 (at no extra charge to the licensed users).
Try it for free!
Whether franska.nu suits your particular needs, you can only decide for yourself. To help you make up your mind, we offer a few exercises for free trial – just go to the demo page and see for yourself. Or, if you teach French, why not to offer your students to try the exercises next time you have your lesson in the computer room or from home?
What others say about franska.nu
"Franska.nu saves me lots of time since I no longer need to correct hundreds of pages with grammar exercises. Instead, I use this time to customize my teaching, which is so important, since all students are different. Plus, my students enjoy getting the results of their work immediately, whether in class or at home."
- Sylvia Martin, teacher of French, Franska Skolan, Stockholm
"I think it’s fun you don’t have to write anything – I prefer typing, anyway. Crosswords are my favorites."
- Kalle S., Gothenburg
"I only do your exercises before a test, but it helps"
"I think it is wonderful to have many different types of exercises to choose from! I especially like the translation exercises where the students get feedback immediately – I don’t have to correct the work of each and every of them!"
- Ewa Sandberg, teacher of French, Franska Skolan Stockholm
Do you have a comment? Submit it here:
To use franska.nu you need a PC with Internet Explorer (version 5.0 or later). Usually you automatically have Internet Explore installed if you use Microsoft Windows. Otherwise, you can download it for free from Microsoft. The exercises are developed so that even students using a modem connection (33 Kbps +) should have no problems using franska.nu, so feel free to test it from home!
Prices and ordering
There are two types of licenses for using Franska.nu online:
- Individual license: allows unlimited use of franska.nu by one person. It is sold for 3, 6 or 12 months. The prices start at 7,4 euro per month. Individual licenses can be ordered online or by contacting us. As soon as we process your order (often the same day) you receive your access information by e-mail and can start using franska.nu at once!
- School license: gives all the teachers and students of the same school the right to use franska.nu during 6 or 12 months. The license price varies depending on the size of the school and amount of the students studying French. In a school with 150 students studying French, a yearly license costs the school about 950 euro, which means a monthly cost of about 50 cents (0,5 euro!) per student.
Contact us for more information and price for your school if you are interested to order a school license.
Read more on the order page.
We are always in search of good links to help you learn French. If you have some suggestions, let us know!
Read more about using the Internet in French studies
Facts about France
French dictionaries online
Collection of French texts
French tongue twister
French grammar - in English
Gooogle's language tools
– including translation to/from French of the webpages and other texts
Le francais dans le monde
-a web magazine for teachers of French around the world
Links to a great number of French newspapers
113 51 Stockholm